Power of Three Mentoring Ministry
"We loved you so much
that we were delighted to share with you,
not only the gospel of God but our lives as well
because you had become so dear to us...
encouraging, comforting, and urging you to live lives
worthy of God which is at work in you who believe."
1 Thessalonians 2:7-8, 12 (emphasis added)
The Power of Three
The Power of Three Mentoring Ministry
seeks to nurture the spiritual growth of women
through the loving and supportive relationship between a mentor and her menthe
whereby the mentor proclaims the gospel of God to her,
lives a life of example, and encourages her to live a life worthy of God,
so that God is glorified and his Word is upheld.
We also acknowledge that spiritual growth and maturity cannot
be fully attained merely through the relationship between her mentor and mentee,
but only when both women rest confidently in the transforming power of the Holy Spirit.
Power of Three Mentoring Ministry 2018 Intake
N O W O P E N ! ! !
Please attend our Information Session for more details.
Our 2018 intake will close and Profile Cards must be in by February 4, 2018.
MENTORING MINISTRY INFORMATION SESSION
Saturday January 27, 2018
10:30AM in the Fellowship Hall
Information to follow the Women's Breakfast (9-10:30 AM)
Come on out to learn about this important ministry and to have your questions answered!
Join us for this Information Session at
ABOUT THE POWER OF THREE MENTORING MINISTRY @ CBC
This ministry is authorized by the leadership of Cloverdale Baptist Church and sponsored by Cloverdale's Women's Ministries.
Women participating in this ministry receive an orientation, training session, and a manual. The manual includes confidentiality agreements, ideas about starting conversations, setting goals, tips and a list of pastor approved books to select from on a variety of topics including: pursuing holiness, marriage, Christian living, stewardship, and parenting. In addition, mentors receive ongoing support from members of the Mentoring Committee who are tasked to pray and offer practical support as needed throughout the mentoring team.
The term of a mentoring relationship is 1 year with a review at 6 months. During the term of the mentoring relationship, mentor and mentee pairs commit to twice monthly meetings at times and locations agreed upon by both. The program concludes with a celebration event where God's work in the lives of all mentees and mentors is honoured and celebrated.
WHAT IS MENTORING?
Mentoring is a mutually encouraging relationship in which one woman helps to equip another
by sharing biblical truths and life experiences gained by walking with God.
WHAT DOES MENTORING ACCOMPLISH?
- A deeper intimacy with the Lord through discipleship
- Growth in understanding and application of biblical truths
- A nurturing relationship with another Christian woman
WHAT IS A MENTOR?
- A trusted listener and teacher
- A willing role model
- An encourager who points another woman to Jesus
- A growing Christian woman living intentionally in pursuit of the Lord
Mentors through the Power of Three Mentoring Ministry,
must be members of Cloverdale Baptist Church.
WHAT IS A MENTEE?
- A woman who desires to grow in her relationship with the Lord
- A woman who longs for another woman to walk alongside her in life
- A woman who wishes to learn about God's Truths and how to live and walk in them
- A woman who would like encouragement to live her life for God
Mentees through the Power of Three Mentoring Ministry,
do NOT need to be a member of Cloverdale Baptist Church.
However, we are looking for women who are committed to
growing under this ministry for its 12 month duration.
What the Bible Tells Us About Mentoring
1. We are to commend God's works to the next generation.
2. We are to train others to live lives that uphold the Word of God.
3. We are to encourage and exhort one another unto Godly living.
(1 Thessalonians 2:11-12)
4. We are to strengthen and sharpen one another.
5. Jesus left us with the command to go and make disciples.
6. There are many examples in the Bible of mentoring relationships.
Moses mentored Joshua, Samuel mentored David, Naomi mentored Ruth, Elizabeth mentored
Mary, Jesus mentored His disciples, Paul mentored Timothy...to name a few!
• Testimonials •
"Anytime you get into the Word or study a book that is based on sound Biblical principles,
you grow in your own walk. As mentors, we were encouraged to keep our mentee accountable
in an area of her walk with the Lord."
"This has encouraged me to be more consistent with prayer and studying the Word.
My relationship with the Lord has matured because of this ministry."
"God used the mentoring ministry to revive my faith through a mentor
who guided, supported, and encouraged me in my walk with the Lord.
God gave me a role model who showed me how it is to live a wise and Godly life."
"Just to feel like I wasn't the only one trying to live out my faith, not just on Sunday's,
but for the rest of the week as well and to feel like I wasn't the only one to feel a certain way about something.
Most importantly, to see my faith grow!"
Please fill out the form below if:
- you would like to be notified of our upcoming information session
- you are interested in being mentored by someone during the next intake
- you are interested in becoming a mentor during the next intake