“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”
Hospitality is a “big picture ministry” of CBC designed to help make our guests, visitors and regular attenders feel welcome and to help foster a spirit of being welcoming and belonging to this local body. As a team, we provide valuable information regarding our church life.
As such, there are many opportunities to explore how you, as members of Christ, can fulfill:
- Welcome/Ministries Centre
- Hosts (formerly Ushers)
- Parking Lot Attendants
- Communion Preparation
As a member of the Hospitality Team, you will be representing the Lord Jesus Christ by your conduct here at church and throughout the week, as well will be representing His bride, Cloverdale Baptist Church (Ephesians 4:1-2).
Parking Lot Attendants
Parking Lot Attendants role is essential in ensuring the safety of all guests as they cross from the parking lot to the building during the Sunday School hour and the time of the Service and to provide assistance for people, where needed.
The Parking Lot Attendant will also walk throughout the parking lot providing security after the Service begins, to finish up their shift.
- Shift begins at 8:45am and ends at 10:50am while Sunday School is running.
- When Sunday School is not running, shift is 9:45am to 10:50am.
- When first arriving, unlock and open the gate ensuring that the lock is relocked and remains on the gate. Return key.
- Please obtain and wear Safety vest; located in coat room.
- A stop sign is also available for use and located in the coat room.
Ministries Center Desk
To provide visitors and members information regarding church activities.
- Be able to help direct people to obtain that information themselves using either the touchscreen monitor or by going online.
- Shifts begins at 10am and ends at 10:40am. Then opens again after service for 15 minutes.
Hosts (formerly Ushers)
Welcoming guests as they enter the Sanctuary and providing assistance for people, as needed. If you notice people entering with food or drink, please bring awareness to them by asking them to please finish all food and drink before entering. Bottled water is the only exception.
- Hosts are to provide parking lot security during the service after the Parking Lot Attendant is finished their shift, on a rotation basis.
- Shifts begins at 10am and ends at 10:40am unless patrolling Parking Lot
To provide warm greetings to all who enter the church building and to be available to provide assistance when needed.
- May direct people to the Ministries Center Desk for more info.
- Shifts begins at 10am and ends at 10:40am.