Men's Golf Tournament & Lunch
Saturday, September 11th we will be teeing off at the Willows 9 course at the Surrey Golf Club (7700 168 St). We will begin at 8am and head back to the church afterwards for some lunch and prizes. Cost will be $30 / person (including lunch). All skill levels are welcome. There are a limited number of spots available.
Not a golfer? Join us at the church at noon for Chili Cheese Dogs! We will enjoy lunch, fellowship, prizes and a time of growth together. Cost for lunch only is $10.
Men's Breakfast occur on the first Saturday of each month (September-May). This is a time for men to get together for food, fellowship and a time of study and prayer while we reflect on God’s Word.
Mission Statement (what our purpose is)
The Mission of men’s ministry at Cloverdale Baptist Church is to train and equip men to be God fearing leaders in their homes, in their places of work or school, and in the church. (Ephesians 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:17)
Vision Statement (what the future looks like)
As an overflow of Christ’s work in our lives, we will be a group of men that passionately seek holiness and truth, actively serving and loving our families, our colleagues, and our church as God fearing, Word saturated, Christ empowered, servant leaders. (1 John 3:18; 1 Peter 1:14-16; Ephesians 4:24)
Strategy (how we will achieve the vision)
We will achieve our vision by taking men who desire to be faithful, available, and teachable and bring them into accountable relationships under God and with each other. We will actively pursue men connecting them to God, His Word, and each other for the purpose of winning, growing, and training God’s man in Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:11;Col 3:16; Prov 27:17)
As Christian men and spiritual heads of our households, our 10 point commitment is to....
- Honor Jesus Christ through prayer, worship and obedience to His Word, through the power of the Holy Spirit;
- Practice spiritual, moral, ethical and sexual purity;
- Build strong marriages and families through love, protection and biblical values;
- Support the mission of our local church, by honoring and praying for our pastor and leaders by actively giving our time and resources;
- Influence our world, being obedient to the Great Commandment (Mark 12:30-31) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20).
- Totally surrender our lives to Christ as our Savior and Master.
- Develop a servant attitude, modeled after that of Jesus.
- Be a reader, knower and doer to the Word.
- Pursue vital, trusting relationships with other Christian men, understanding that we need brothers to help us keep our Christian commitments.
- Participate in a Christ-centered, disciple-making men's ministry in our church.