"Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men,
be strong, let all that you do be done in love.”
1 Corinthians 16:13, 14
The men’s ministry of Cloverdale Baptist Church is called “Men of the Covenant”. The vision of the Men of the Covenant at CBC is three fold:
To: Redirect, Retrain and Restore.
- Redirect men towards the right purpose and pathway.
- Retrain men on what the bible teaches about God’s original plan for man.
- Restore what was lost in Eden: purpose, pathway, responsibility, respect and relationship.
We want our families, our church and our communities, in this generation and the next, to be led by strong, able, Christ-like men. We believe building men of character and conviction is one of the highest priorities in the mission of the church. Will do that by providing sound biblical teaching, facilitating opportunities where relationships can be started, renewed or restored and by spurring men to continually renew their minds.
Men of the covenant ministry have the following teaching events tailored especially for men to help us focus on equipping men to “act like men.”
1. We’ll retrace God’s original mandate for man as it was laid out in Genesis 2. Then stop at Genesis 3 when sin entered the world and how it disfigured God’s mandate for man and how we’ll need to redirect men towards the correct purpose, pathway and plan.
2. Carefully examine the effects of sin on man and how man in his corrupted state made a mess of his role all through the centuries. Which is what we’re seeing and reaping now.
3. We’ll break up 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 into 5 segments covering 5 consecutive months; unpacking these two verses and how they relate to us as men. What does it mean to “be watchful, stand firm in the faith [touch on the effects of culture on men]….in light of our roles as men.
We lost many things in Eden, three of which are respect, relationship and responsibility. For the month of April we’ll cover these three topics and how can we restore these to a watching world.
Lastly, moving forward as God’s image bearers, in the month of May we’ll recapture what we have been learning in the last 8 months and we’ll leave you with the most important takeaways from our studies.
The idea for the breakfast is group teaching followed by table talks facilitated by table leaders discussing on a smaller scale what was taught in the form of questions and answers. Then the speaker will be back up answering any questions stemming from the table talks.
A Bible verse or an encouraging quote will be sent once a month to all CBC men via email.