To God's Beloved At Cloverdale Baptist Church:
It is good to be a part of the family of God! We are getting closer to gathering together again in in the physical manner we desire, and although it will not be ideal, it is a step in the right direction. Please fill in our survey, to help us know how best to serve you as we seek God's wisdom and your help to lead forward in a pandemic.
HELP! Please help us know how you are feeling and thinking by filling in the following survey...TODAY if possible, if not asap :)
Prayer Meeting: Our summer prayer meetings start this week, please join us on Wednesday nights at 7:00 at the church. We will gather in the Fellowship hall, and we will be following our current guidelines and the Provincial Health Office. If we get more than 50 (that would be fantastic) we will have a second gathering outside (weather permitting). Join us in prayer, and if you feel vulnerable, take the time at home to join us in this time of seeking God's face in our time of need.
Growing Over The Summer:
We have been talking about the Keystone Habits Of Growth to put in place over the summer and that will impact everything else. If you want to grow as a Christian and are not doing these, you will find your progress very slow, or even impossible!
Growing Together Over The Summer:
There are five KEYSTONE HABITS that if we practice will not only deepen our walk with God, but impact everything else about us.
1. Preach: The Gospel to ourselves every day. This is an intentional pursuit of being Gospel Centred and experiencing His forgiveness and full devotion to Him through the experience of His love
2. Pursue: Word Saturation. God's Word is how we learn who He is and what He has done for us, and how we check everything else. It is the pathway to conformity to His image and community with others who love Him! It is central to growing!
3. Prayer: This is simply communicating with God, we listen by reading His Word, we respond by crying out to Him. We are called to always pray and not give up, to cast our anxieties on Him, to engage in spiritual warfare with prayer as our key foundation...
4. People: We are saved by grace through faith, always into a relationship with the living God and His people. A Christian is always a part of the universal Church, and makes belonging to a local church a priority, a people to love, serve and join in the mission of becoming like Jesus and reaching others for Jesus.
Ephesians 4:11-16 makes it clear that we need one another, and if each part does not do its work the entire body suffers.
Hebrews 3:12-14 displays that if we do not have fellowship with other believers that sin will deceive us and choke out our spiritual life!
This is not easy because we are humans, who still battle sin, and when gathered together we sometimes will live in the flesh and repel one another rather than the Spirit and relate in unity.
This is not easy because the flesh is focused on self, and so it means we must keep in step with the Spirit and chase out selfishness and prefer one another (Romans 12:10).
We need one another. If you are not a healthy part of a local church, you will not be able to flourish in your Christian walk no matter how hard you work at other things.
A friend said to me last week, that the realization of the importance of God's people was really driven home to her when she saw the privilege of service, rather than the joylessness of the consumer mentality. I think she is right and this is a common experience for maturing believers.
If you don't love the local church, and see yourself as a part of her with an essential needed role, repent, and renew your love for Jesus and His bride.
It is hard during a pandemic to keep this as a priority, so please make an extra effort in this as you continue your faith journey and long to grow with the Keystone Habits at the core of your efforts.
If you are not growing, you are drifting, and drifting is VERY DANGEROUS!
Sunday Is Coming:
Text: 1 Corinthians 12
Title: Meant To Serve
Each follower of Jesus is a part of His plan to build the church. Your role is essential, and your eager service so IMPORTANT!
Review this passage and prepare your hearts to hear from God.
Sunday we are having another baptism, and we are thrilled that we can join in watching this treasured gift from Jesus to the church!
Privileged to serve, excited to gather,
Announcement of General Business Meeting
Tuesday, July 14th, 21st, 2020 7:00 p.m. Online Zoom Meeting
The following will be considered at the above meeting: general business items and the following Special Resolutions:
That the Agenda for the July 21, 2020 General Business Meeting be adopted.
That the Minutes of the October 23, 2019 Annual General Meeting be adopted.
THAT Lee Wiebe, Jeff Coleman, and Brent Warkentin be appointed as Scrutineers to tabulate and report survey results.
THAT the 2020/21 budget be approved as presented.
THAT the following be elected as Deacons to serve for 2-year terms, effective September 1, 2020:
- Dave Esau – Finance (New)
- Albert Chuang – Fellowship (Re-elect)
- Wilf Radke – Interior Properties (Re-elect)
- Wes Osterman – Hospitality (Re-elect).
THAT the following be affirmed for 3-year terms as Elders, effective September 1, 2020:
- Emilio Cabrera (Incumbent)
- Raed Guirguis (Incumbent)
- Heinz Nienkaemper (Affirm).
THAT Judi Turner (Incumbent) be appointed as Church Clerk for a 2-year term effective September 1, 2020
THAT Judi Turner be affirmed as Privacy Compliance Officer for a 2-year term effective September 1, 2020.
THAT the non-paid Elders be affirmed as Directors for the 2020/21 Fiscal Year.