As we announced on Sunday, we are anticipating a very “special” year ahead, that the good Lord is providing for us, with the arrival of Johnny Markin and Mitch Janzen.
As promised, while it is still fresh in our minds, this is a first “reminder”, as well as a point of clarification.
The Congregation was provided with official notice to call an Extraordinary Congregational Meeting on Sunday, 25 July, immediately following the main church service.
The purpose of the meeting is for a Congregation vote to affirm Johnny Markin as the Worship Director of CBC. The proposed motion follows:
THAT Johnny Markin be affirmed as the Worship Director at Cloverdale Baptist Church.
Notes regarding Johnny Markin
- It is the responsibility of the Congregation to affirm his hiring;
- So we are hoping and praying that Johnny Markin will be affirmed by the Congregation at the Extraordinary Congregational Meeting on 25 July.
- As such, Johnny will fill the part-time position as our “Worship Director”.
- He will also be heading up the Worship Leader Institute, run out of CBC.
- His official start date would be Sunday, 01 August 2021;
- Johnny will report to Pastor Rob, and will be responsible for the whole Music and Worship Ministry for the Church, which includes mentorship, training and development, etc.
- He has clearly indicated his desire to become a part of our community, and a member of CBC, which is automatic upon his affirmation.
Notes regarding Mitch Janzen
- Mitch is also joining our family. He has been officially hired under the authority of the Elder Board.
- As such, Mitch will fill the full-time position as our “Worship Associate”.
- His official start date would be Sunday, 01 August 2021.
- Mitch will report to and be mentored by Johnny Markin, and will assume one of his roles as Praise and Worship team leader.
- He will also assume other roles as assigned, according to his gifts and strengths.
- He, too, has indicated his desire to become a part of our community, and a member of the Church family.
God is Good,
(On behalf of the Elder Board)