To God’s Beloved At Cloverdale Baptist Church:
Thank you for your prayers for, and partnership with the persecuted church. I praise God for this congregation and the impact we have had in our history, and continue to have on those who are faithful to God and His bride around the world in persecution. It was a joy to gather and hear the powerful testimony of God using our church family to impact persecuted believers around the world. I am overwhelmed with I think of the impact of CBC over the last 40 years, and how we have multiplied ministry in places where the Gospel is attacked so ferociously yet succeeds with such vitality!
This week, may we be reminded to continue to pray and pursue impact with these precious people, especially those who God has placed in our sphere of influence. Covet your continued prayers for Lori and I as we prepare to minister with and to these valued people. We will also share as it draws closer ways you can join us in prayer and other ways on this missional partnership with God's people around the world. We will need to raise some funds to sponsor this training, and encourage you to join us in prayer and giving to see these people strengthened and flourishing!
On November 11, we celebrate Remembrance day, an opportunity for us to thank those who have gone before us and given us freedoms here in Canada. If you know anyone who fought in the war, or is a part of the military, please take the time to THANK THEM. Our prayers continue for peace, and that Canada would be a place where Gospel sharing that is loyal to God’s Word is allowed. THANK YOU, and we will not forget your sacrifice.
We have had a number of people go to glory in the past few weeks, and we continue to grieve as those with hope. Roby’s mom, Kathy Van Aert, and Stan Ferris were all promoted to glory, please pray for these families and others as we seek to honour God and carry one another’s burdens. If you know them well, please send a love note and bring blessing!
Sunday is coming, and we have the privilege of studying one of the great encouragement passages to those in persecution. A reminder for us not to lose heart, and also to continue to bless those around the world who are being persecuted!
Text: Revelation 13
Title: Be Faithful And Endure:
- Take the time to read the chapter...it is a great read, and include the mark of the Lamb in 14:1.
- Why do you think that the book of Revelation spends so much time on the difficulty that Christians will face in the future, and do face now?
- How does remembering what the 7 churches of Revelation were going through help us to know what the message for us is?
- This text identifies two beasts, and they are a part of the pattern in history of Satan using humans to attack Christians, what do we learn from the description of these two men?
- What can we learn from Revelation 13 about our own spiritual battle?
- What is the mark of the Lamb? What do you think the mark of the beast is?
- How can we be with those who ENDURE and are FAITHFUL?
Privileged to partner with you in the Gospel,
Women’s Ministry Events
Sign up at the Women’s Ministry table in the foyer
- Growing Together Women’s Breakfast: Sat .Nov. 19th / 9am / Fellow. Hall. Robyn Dueck will share about her sewing ministry for kids in Africa.
- Christmas Fellowship and Outreach Event: Sat. Dec. 10th / 7-9pm. We’ll be making a garland for your home or tree. Refreshments will be provided.
Annual General Meeting
Wed. Nov 23rd / 7:00 PM / Sanctuary Usual general business, ministry reports, financial statement, and a special resolution to consider a Deacons’ request to carry forward $17,000 from 2021/22 Deacons’ discretionary fund to the 2022/23 fiscal year. Please note that childcare will not be provided during the meeting.
Operation Christmas Child Boxes
Shoeboxes are available for pick-up in the foyer. Please fill the shoeboxes with necessities and a toy to bless a child. Return filled shoeboxes to the foyer by Sunday, Nov. 13th. Contact Lorraine Moen for questions.
Lighting Operator Needed
The Worship Ministry is looking for a lighting operator volunteer to serve during our worship services. Contact worship@
The 2022 Thanksgiving offering will be in support of Langley Food Bank and will remain open until November 30th, 2022. Please mark your envelopes or electronic gifts accordingly.
Join us in praying for our missionaries around the globe.
Javier & Karen / Canada Latino
- Pray for Javier who will be going to Thailand in November for a 10 day WEC conference; for safe travels and that it will be a blessing and beneficial to him in his leadership role.
- Pray that God would provide the right people for Karen’s member care team and wisdom for setting up the team.
- Pray for Karen as she connects with workers on the field and for God to provide her with insight in how to approach and offer them help.
- Pray for Javier’s sister, that God would continue to bring her to a saving faith in Him.
- Pray for the girls in school and protection for Dania as she learns how to drive.