To God’s Beloved At Cloverdale Baptist Church:
We have entered 2023…and I believe it is going to be an AMAZING year!
Goals…my goal for you is that you join us in the Bible read and share with one another what you are learning. If each of us does this once a week, the saturation we all want will be improved, and our encouragement of one another improved. So, go to our website, read with us, and connect with someone else on what you are reading once a week.
My second goal for all of us is that we would pray more alone and together. I have been so encouraged that so many of you are joining us in this! Prayer is the key to a fruit filled year, so encourage you to learn more about praying, to pray more, and to commit to join us at the congregational prayer meetings! Join us this Sunday night, and find others to pray with!
I have had a number of you commit to praying for Lori and I as we travel, and teach...as well as to know how you can join us in this ministry with your resources. THANK YOU! If you would like to give to the conference to support persecuted Christians in coming, mark your offering TWR conference. If you would like to help with Lori’s costs, please mark your offering TWR conference, and include a note that it goes to helping Lori.
We are also going to do some fund raising, and planning to do an event Sunday morning called, GET A PEN, GIVE A PEN. There will be a number of handmade (one of my loves) pens available to any who are willing to give towards this ministry (Lori’s costs, conference extras, gifts to these precious people). There will be a number of pens available, some for suggested donation of 20, some 30, and some 40, that you can have if you make the suggested donation. You can also give a pen if you donate the suggested amount, and the pen you choose will be delivered to a participant in the conference….if we raise more than we need to invest in this trip, we will give to other church ministries.
Prayer cards are available and we are thrilled so many of you want to join us in this struggle by praying for us! THANK YOU. This is such an important ministry and a privilege to represent you in!
Sunday Is Coming:
Why Christmas? To Live The Crucified Life
Text: Galatians 2:20
Read Galatians 2:20 (and surrounding verses)
- What do you think this verse is teaching us?
- Why is this important to our living for Jesus?
- What does it mean to be crucified with Jesus?
- How does this remind you of your baptism?
- What steps can you take to, “live by faith in the Son of God?”
Would you consider making this commitment for the coming year…
I want to be a follower of Jesus who lives my life for Him,who does everything by faith...
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and wgave himself for me.
January 8, 2022
Sunday, Jan. 8th / 7:00 pm / Fellow. Hall We’re kicking off 2023 with a church-wide prayer service on January 8th at 7:00pm. We’ll be hearing a short message, singing, and spending time in corporate prayer.
New Discipleship Class for Adults
Starting Jan. 8th / 9:00 AM / Fellow. Hall An 11-part video series on the Book of Mark, which chronicles Jesus’ journey from Galilee to Jerusalem. We’ll have group discussions and teaching by Pastor Ray.
CBC Bursaries for Post-Secondary
The Homer Edwards bursary is to help those who want to serve God in full-time or part-time ministry and are pursuing post-secondary education to that end. The Chapman Bursary is for those who are in full time study for personal development and/or ministry preparation at a CBC-approved post-secondary Bible school, Bible college or seminary. Applications are available at the Ministry Desk or contact Pastor Thomas. Application deadline: January 10th, 2023.
Women’s Ministry Events
For registration and other details, visit the women’s table or contact the Women's Ministry.
- Widow to Widow / January 14th at 2pm: A safe, supportive, social space for widows to explore common interests, plan activities and more.
- New Bible Study: Psalms Along the Way. A 12-lesson study with daily questions. Meeting biweekly, starting January 19th at 6:30pm.
- Growing Together Breakfast: January 21st at 9am. Carmen Radke will share about the Food Tidings Ministry. Sign up in the foyer.
Please mark your gift accordingly / Give Online >
- TWR Conference: to fund Iranians joining Pastor Rob and Lori at the TWR Conference in the Middle East in early 2023.
- Christmas Offering: Going towards the Soup Kitchen at the Cloverdale Community Kitchen.
- Ukraine Crisis: In support of our missionaries in Ukraine and Poland who are meeting Ukrainian refugee needs.
Privileged to represent Him and you, in serving the greater church,